Sunday, May 10, 2009

Bonkers About Bellator


I know saying, "Bonkers" makes me sound a little 12-years-old but I didn't want to say "bat-shit crazy" in the title for reasons related to Google.

Anyway...

In a very short amount of time, Bellator Fighting Championships have become a haven for highlights and unbelievable upsets. All four of the current tournaments have yielded quality matches and lately, the action has been stepped up a notch.

Last week, Toby Imada delivered what is easily the Submission of the Year and one of the most incredible moves I've seen in my life by putting Jorge Masvidal to sleep with an inverse triangle choke in the Lightweight tournament.




Last night, Joe Soto upset Featherweight tournament favorite Wilson Reis and Yahir Reyes leveled Estevan Payan with the nastiest spinning backfist ever.



This is why people need to expand their Mixed Martial Arts horizons outside of the Dana White Universe; outstanding fights take place on a weekly basis and you could be missing out.

Thankfully, I'm here to keep you informed.

You're Welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think - good, bad or indifferent - and get ready for a counterpunch.